I love this guy.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
So, this past week, David & I took a vacation to Coeur d'Alene, ID & Salt Lake City, UT. It was soooooooooooo great! The trip was originally planned around the wedding of our friends, Paul & Andrea White. Because we also love Louis & Lindsey, we decided to take an extra couple days off and spend some time with them. Let me tell you, Coeur d'Alene was so cool! Yes, it's a small town, yes a little worn out, yes a little whiskey tango in parts, BUT I enjoyed it a lot and could picture myself living there.
My favorite parts of the trip were as follows...
1. No set schedule in Coeur d'Alene.
2. We got up leisurely
3. Hit up local coffee shops, enjoyed lattes & bowls of soul.
4. Completed some digital errands
5. Went shopping
6. Walked around
7. Checked out the little farmers market
8. Found a bridal shop that had my wedding dress sample that I could try on, show Lindsey and renew my confidence in the choice I made back in March.
9. We also had "gooies" (giant ice cream sundaes)
10. Went out to breakfast
11. Enjoyed Lindsey's cooking
12. Participated in good conversation
13. Just enjoyed being friends.
14. Picking up our rental car that should have been a Corrola, but actually was a red Mercedes Benz! What up!
15. Talking about being eco-friendly
16. Being educated about cloth diapers
In Salt Lake City:
1. Breakfast with Mara at the Park Cafe
2. Late night convos with Erik & Deborah
3. Park Potatoes at the Park Cafe
4. Hanging out with Ana & Jillian Borrego, and being further educated about cloth diapers
5. Rumbi fries & Caribbean Chicken Salad
6. Heidi & Daniel Rogers, & Heidi's homemade headband
7. Chatting with Shannon, Bethany & Laura
8. Celebrating Paul & Andrea's nuptuals
9. Seeing Dave Kroeze
10. Green apple licorice
11. Enjoying all of Andrea's wedding details (table set ups, guest book, decor, food, etc etc)
12. Seeing tons of friends from the Adventure at the wedding
13. Hanging out with David, Erik, Deborah, Heidi & Daniel at the McHenry's
Overall, it was great!
*"Udaho" is not a term I came up with. I stole it from Cat Ryono & her associates.*
Thursday, June 4, 2009
I really like the Food Network. I find myself turning on the tv hoping that Iron Chef America is going to be on. Love it! Last week, they played the same episode like 5 times. I would turn on the tv and happily see that Iron Chef was on. I watched for 1 minute and discovered it was the same episode on the day before or 3 days before. Sucks dude. Tonight was different. It was an episode I hadn't seen yet. Whoo hoo! Who knew strip steak was so versatile?